Early Education Program
Thanks to our wonderful community partner, Asbury United Methodist Church, The Riley Center is able to offer children 4-6 years of age a supported, inclusive preschool and kindergarten experience to best prepare for transition into a mainstreamed education kindergarten or first grade classroom.
Our Early Education Program emphasizes language, social skills, fine and gross motor development, academics and self-help skills through thematic instruction based on curriculum content outlined by the Alabama Course of Study. Children in this program also receive one-on-one instruction based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for a portion of their school day.
- Low 3:1 student to teacher ratio
- Programming for generalization and maintenance
- Parent Training
- Exciting field trip opportunities across the community
- Sensory Integration
- Pairing with typically-developing peers for modeling opportunities and guidance from trained facilitators in play and social skills
- On-site Speech and Occupational Therapy
- Certified teachers, behavior analysts and behavior technicians providing all instruction and support
- Opportunities to participate in Art, Spanish, Chapel, Music, Library Time and much more